Thursday, September 08, 2011

Questions for a job Interview

Great Questions to Ask An Employer During An Interview

• How big is the team I'd be working with?

• Who would my co-workers be, and what are their functions?

• How many people would I be managing?

• What are the goals of this department?

• What are the company's objectives for the year?

• What would my primary tasks on this project be?

• What does the client expect at the end of the project?

• What would I go to work on first, and what would my function be?

• What is the deadline for this project? How will success be measured?

• What makes this company different from its competitors?

• What do you like about this company? What keeps you here?

• If I meet or exceed the company's expectations, will there be additional opportunities to expand my responsibilities?

• What sort of communication style works best with this team?

• What are the main challenges associated with the team?

• What are the biggest hurdles you hope to overcome in the next quarter?

• What can you tell me about the culture and the environment?

• How would you characterize successful employees in this department? What are their common qualities?

• What is the department head's leadership style? How often would we interact?

• Which internal customers would I be interacting with most frequently? What are their typical expectations?

• Please describe the duties of the job for me.

• Is this a new position or am I replacing someone?

• Does your company encourage further education?

• How often are performance reviews given?

• Do you have plans for expansion?

• How do you feel about creativity and individuality?

• Stop asking questions if you sense it is bothering the interviewer.

The better you are prepared ahead of time, the better your interview will be. Thinking of questions that you want to ask, of course. But also review your major accomplishments so that you'll be able to tell stories about your achievements when asked. The more prepared you are the better you will perform.

No comments: